Ivy Prep was founded by Dr. Rebecca Mannis, a learning specialist in private practice with 35 years of experience teaching children and adults in New York City and worldwide. Dr. Mannis holds a Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology with a specialization in Neuroscience and Education from Teachers College, Columbia University, and a Masters degree in Reading, Language and Learning Disabilities from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Her publications include a chapter in a 1999 volume of Child and Adolescent Clinics of North America. She was an editor of The Jewish Special Educator and is the tri-state liaison to the SENG- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted.
Dr. Mannis consults to schools and corporations about the neuroscience of learning, remediation, learning disabilities, individualized instruction and adaptive technology. She coordinated educational services for cancer survivors and children with traumatic brain injury for The Making Headway Foundation for 14 years.
Dr. Mannis has been in practice for over 30 years and was a 2009-2014 appointee of Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Alumni Council.
For more about our Founder click here.
Dr. Mannis Links:
- Dr. Mannis Featured in Harvard Ed School Magazine
- Dr Mannis Blog for Sassy Mama Hong Kong: Boarding & Prep School Admissions Testing
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis in The NY Daily News – Body and Soul: Education Support for Brain Tumor Survivors
- Dr. Mannis: Teachable Moments on Psychology Today with Wednesday Martin, PhD
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis’ Executive Functions Technology Workshop -Fountain House College Re-Entry Program
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis & Harvard Ed. School’s Professor Fernando Riemers on Raising Global Citizens
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis: Advisory Staff at Queens Paideia School
- Dr. Mannis: Tristate Area Liaison – Supporting Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis KiddyBites Video: Supporting your child’s learning style in Lower and Middle School
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis KiddyBites Video: Learning styles and challenges in Upper School and College
- Dr Mannis: Learning Styles & Learning Temperament – Psychology Today with Wednesday Martin, PhD
- Dr. Rebecca Mannis’s work covered in Childhood Unbound by Dr. Ron Taffel
- The Mannis Foundation
Dr. Mannis has presented on the following topics:
- Foreign Language Learning Disabilities
- Homework Strategies
- Executive Functions and Organization
- Methods of Reading Instruction
- Learning Disabilities Among Intellectually Gifted Students
- Education of Students with Brain Tumors
- Educational technology
- Metacognitive Awareness
- 2e Twice Exceptional Students
- Developing and Implementing Accommodation Plans
- Concussion Management
- Medically Based Education Planning
- Educational Remediation
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Executive Function Skills Development
- Language Acquisition
- Getting Your Child the Help He Needs
- Adults Learning
- Road Map for Learning: Customizing Instruction
- Curriculum Development for Learning Disabled Students
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Mannis at the Ivy Prep Learning Center Click here to use our Contact Form.