Ivy Prep’s instructors are
professionals with expertise in a range of independent subject areas, in
psychology and in education. Most of them possess Masters level
training in education or psychology, and many hold Ph.D. degrees.
They are also expert in specific course content areas and in preparing
students for standardized school entrance exams.
The Ivy Prep independent instructors are led by Dr. Rebecca Mannis,
who has over 25 years of experience consulting with students, schools
and families on how to optimize learning and overcome learning disabilities.
Dr. Mannis consults with the instructors and students on an ongoing basis about
the implementation of each student's educational plan.
Ivy Prep’s instructors have expertise in the following areas:
• Pre-Academic Skills Development
• Beginning Reading Instruction
• Preparing for Standardized Entrance and Placement Exams
• Organization, Executive Functions, and Time Management
• Higher-Order Reading and Writing Strategies
• Study Skills
• Memory Strategies
• Note-Taking Techniques
• Foreign Language Learning
• Mathematics Skills Development
• All Subject Areas from Middle School thorough Graduate School